Total Pageviews

Saturday 27 April 2019

Avengers Endgame - Movie of the Century


I'd like to start off by quoting some Stan Lee "I used to be embarrassed because I was just a comic book writer while other people were building bridges or going on to medical careers. And then I began to realize: entertainment is one of the most important things in people's lives. Without it, they might go off the deep end. I feel that if you're able to entertain people, you're doing a good thing." Stan Lee will live on forever in our hearts and words can't be enough to express our gratitude towards him because he did much more than just entertain us. So much work has gone into building the MCU into what it is today and I'm not sure if I can watch another MCU movie after this because of how it left things. 


Endgame picked up exactly where infinity war ended. The review is going to be totally non-spoiler. Joe and Anthony Russo are back for their fourth Marvel movie which might be their last. This is the 22nd movie of the MCU and honestly, I feel like re-watching every single MCU movie countless number of times was one of the best things I've ever done. If you're a fan of the MCU, if you're emotionally attached to these characters then this is the one that's going to please you the most.


I like the fact that Captain America got a lot of time because that was one of my biggest complaints about infinity war. The original trinity got to share the limelight. Iron Man was easily my favorite even though Captain comes close. Thor was cool and this movie was more about the original Avengers than the new ones. The survivors of the snap try to pick themselves up and fight back at the mad Titan. Robert Downey Jr. is at his absolute best and he just kept getting better with every movie and here, he's on another level completely. No amount of oscars are going to justify his performance, he's the main reason this all worked out and he will go down in history as one of the best actors to have brought a comic book character to life right up there with Heath Ledger and Hugh Jackman.


The last half an hour was probably the best and this movie makes it worth watching all the other 21 movies and to enjoy it to the fullest, you should have watched every single one of those, and with some level of dedication. I was fortunate enough to have been a fan of the MCU for a very long time and I got to enjoy it a lot more because of that. MCU is easily one of the best things to have happened to Hollywood. Not sure how much the general audience got out of it but I'm sure that the fans had the best time.


Definitely one of the best times to stay alive and extremely rewarding to have been a comic book movie fan. I'm not going to compare this with DC or Dark Knight or any other movie for that matter because this was its own thing and this is like a gift that the Russos gave us. I enjoy watching comic book movies multiple times but it's going to be really hard for me to see this again. People might need therapy after this because it's going to leave you emotionally scarred. There are a lot of loopholes, unnecessary jokes, and other complaints but I feel like for the experience I got I should think of the negatives a bit later because I just saw Endgame a while back and it has still not sunk inside me fully.


VERDICT:
I don't' feel like I'm worthy enough to give this a rating even though I've been with the MCU right from the beginning. This is a mark of respect I leave for the Stan Lee, Russos, for Robert, Chris (all 3 of them), Tom, Benedict, Scarlett, Mark and every other cast member and crew of Endgame. I urge you to watch all 21 movies and then watch Endgame to truly appreciate it in all its glory.


This movie made me laugh a little, cry a little and live a little. Proud to have been a fan of the MCU and lucky enough to have had the chance to see it in the opening weekend. Marvel has been building their universe for a very long time and they have done a damn good job with it. But we must all accept the fact that a part of the journey is the end.

1 comment: